Sunday, December 31, 2006

Amazing Grace

Happy New Year Everyone! May God shower all of you with blessings, joy and peace in the coming year!

2006 has been a great year. With it's ups and downs, joys and sadness, triumphs and failures, struggles. But throughout all that, there's always been a constant in my life, and that's been God by my side. I'll always remember that He did not promise us a life that is without pain, without struggles and without obstacles. What He did promise is a life beyond death, a life outside of this fallen world, a life with Him and Christ in Heaven. He is waiting to welcome us home to Him.

My life is filled with challenges, all the time. In work and in play, against my neighbours, with my family, even with Him. But these challenges are a way that God tests our faith and perserverance in Him. At the WatchNight service that my church had yesterday, Chris, our pastor taught us about Hebrews 12:1-3. That to run the race towards salvation, we have to do 3 things. First, to throw away all the burdens and sins that hold us down. Second, to perservere in this long race. And finally, to focus our eyes on the goal, Christ. It's not a good beginning that matters, but a good ending to the race that is truly worthy.

Below are the lyrics for "Amazing Grace". It's a song that is so pertinent to all of us, to remember in this new year, that our salvation is not from our works or our efforts, but by the Grace of God alone, through His son Jesus Christ. May you all have a wonderful, Grace-filled year ahead!


Amazing grace! How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now am found;
Was blind, but now I see.

’Twas grace that taught my heart to fear,
And grace my fears relieved;
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed!

Through many dangers, toils and snares,
I have already come;
’Tis grace hath brought me safe thus far,
And grace will lead me home.

The Lord has promised good to me,
His Word my hope secures;
He will my Shield and Portion be,
As long as life endures.

Yea, when this flesh and heart shall fail,
And mortal life shall cease,
I shall possess, within the veil,
A life of joy and peace.

The earth shall soon dissolve like snow,
The sun forbear to shine;
But God, Who called me here below,
Will be forever mine.

When we’ve been there ten thousand years,
Bright shining as the sun,
We’ve no less days to sing God’s praise
Than when we’d first begun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home